Before preparing your enrollment form for DASEP, there are several useful things to know and consider:
- The cost of the class is $150.00 by Money Order Only. NO REFUNDS.
- All DWI/DUI/MIP offenders in Arkansas must complete either a State approved education program (DASEP) or a state-licensed treatment program. The presiding judge determines this for each offender.
- Classes (education) conducted by Ouachita Behavioral Health and Wellness can be one of three types:
- Level 1
- Level 2
- If a class has been ordered, you should know what type.
- Level 1 classes and Underage classes are a minimum of 12 hours in length – usually 4 three hour sessions.
- Level 2 class is 15 hours in length (a current Level 1 class plus a 3 hour Level 2 supplement) making a total of 5 sessions.
- If you have had one or more offenses, State law requires a rehabilitation certificate for each outstanding offense. A class will clear only “one’ offense.
- All classes require a pre-registration and payment. Walk-ins (without pre-registration and pre-payment) are not accepted at class.
- You can only enroll in a class after you have been adjudicated. The judge determines whether you should go to education or treatment. This information is not known until adjudication.
- No refunds – if you have not completed requirements within 6 months of payment, you must repay.
- You may also be required to attend a MADD Victim Impact Panel. Call 1-855-227-6233, 501-246-8810, or visit www.armadd.org for more information.
- Information concerning your suspensions, interlock procedures, etc. can be obtained from Arkansas Driver Services at 501-623-1239.
- Faith based programs are often not licensed by the State. While they might provide good and useful services, completion of these programs (unless state-licensed) cannot be used to obtain a DASEP certificate.
- Ouachita Behavioral Health and Wellness is located at 125 Wellness Way in Hot Springs
- You must be at class on time. Late-comers will not be admitted. You must have proper dress, decorum, and be drug and/or alcohol free.
- Duplicate certificates cost $25. Mail your $25 money order plus your request to Ouachita Behavioral Health and Wellness, 125 Wellness Way, Hot Springs, AR 71913
- If you disagree with our records concerning your court order (education vs. treatment) call the court and ask them to fax us your court order (501-623-5510). We will change your records based on the information received from the court.